Stio® is a mountain clothing brand that designs, develops and sells beautiful, functional and innovative clothing infused with the soul of the mountain lifestyle. Headquartered in Jackson, Wyoming, Stio draws inspiration from the surrounding Teton line and offers products through Stio.com, its catalog and its Mountain Studio® outlets in Jackson Hole, Wyoming, Park City, Utah, Boulder, Colorado, Freeport, Maine, Bend, Oregon, and Boise, Idaho.
The Mountain Studio Retail Sales Associate – Local Marketing Coordinator performs a joint role in our Park City location as the Mountain Studio Retail Sales Associate for 4-16 hours per week (based on availability) more support for local marketing efforts (based on business needs) for 4-16 hours per week. Total weekly hours for this part-time position may vary from 12 to 30 hours per week depending on individual availability and business needs.
Stio Mountain Studio Retail Sales Associates are responsible for providing an exceptional brand experience to our Park City Mountain Studio customers. Sellers are expected to provide an exceptional level of customer service, which includes, but is not limited to, knowledge of brand and product history, customer engagement, and selling. Stio Mountain Studio™ Sales Associates are committed to supporting a dynamic, cohesive team that delivers a customer experience through connection, superior product training, and a passion for our products and our business.
In addition to Mountain Studio Sales Associate duties, the Local Retail Marketing Coordinator role provides time each week (as needed) to collaborate with Mountain Studio management and the local retail team to identify and coordinate impactful marketing placement. This includes supporting meaningful local partnerships and events throughout the year. This part-time, hourly role is a great opportunity for an entry-level marketer to learn more about the Stio brand, connect with our top HQ marketing team, and engage with the community.
Mountain Studio Sales Associate
- Create a welcoming and fun environment for our Mountain Studio customers
- Maintain the visual aesthetic of the store through routine cleaning, mannequin changes, display organization and general floor tidying
- Receive inventory shipments, replenish inventory on the sales floor, and maintain organized stock
- Other operational duties including answering the phone and performing customer service dispatches
- Provide knowledgeable and up-to-date details on Stio’s products, sales and prices
- Use the point of sale system to accurately and efficiently process customer transactions; payments, refunds/exchanges and gift cards
Local Retail Marketing Coordinator
- Update and anticipate asset needs, event support needs, requests and timelines, work with HQ brand and creative teams on communication tools and timelines
- Manage requests and scheduling needs in Asana for internal creative team resources
- Collaborate with the store team, other local Retail Marketing Coordinators and the HQ Marketing team to refine ad placement, partnerships and meaningful and impactful events throughout the year
- Coordinate Stio’s local presence at key events throughout the year, working with Mountain Studio management on planning team support needs or seeking additional support from HQ as needed applicable
- Plan marketing placement and timing of event partnerships throughout the following year, contractual commitments reviewed with Mountain Studio Manager
- Contribute to end of quarter retail marketing impact report
- Participate in annual local retail marketing budget planning with Mountain Studio Manager
YOUR SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or GED preferred
- Currently studying marketing, previous marketing experience preferred
- Retail, sales and/or service experience preferred
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills required
- Flexibility required to work weekends and holidays, including representing Stio at key events
- Commitment to creating an inclusive and supportive space for everyone who enters the Mountain Studio
- Proactive learner eager to be part of a growing Stio team
- Computer proficiency and point of sale experience
- Adobe Creative Suite basics, ability to size and format print or web ad designs from approved seasonal assets with our preferred internal creative guidelines
- Microsoft Office and Excel skills preferred
- Email and phone communication skills required
THE SMALL CHARACTERISTICS
- Must be able to move around the retail space, move over 50 lbs and occasionally cross ladders
- Must be able to travel to local businesses
- Roles are part-time, hourly, non-exempt
- Employee Assistance Program
- Equipment Testing, Perks, and More
- Hourly rate: $17 and more depending on experience
This job description is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the position. Although this is intended to accurately reflect current work, we reserve the right to revise the work or require different or different tasks to be performed. Stio is an equal opportunity employer for all qualified individuals, including minorities, BIPOC, LGBTQ+, veterans, and persons with disabilities.